Monday, May 25, 2015

STH Chapter Two




The fire crackled and popped as bodies crisped in the flames of hatred that he started. He panted a bit, wiping the water off his face. "How dare you try to attack me!" He growled, gritting his teeth. Just minutes before, a man from the rooftop threw a bucket of water on him disabling his flame barrier. And at that moment, a woman pulled out a gun and shot him right between the eyes. His hand moved up to his forehead. He could still feel the sting of the bullet that pierced through his skin. "Fucking bastards!" He yelled angrily. Fire swarmed around his body, evaporating the water that drenched his body.



He turned around and walked back down the alleyway. When he came to the green covered book he dropped, he stopped and picked it up.

"Dammit to hell!" He cursed, "I don't know what page I was on!" He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a pair of red-rimmed glasses that was a darker color than his eyes. His legs ambled out onto the sidewalk and his eyes scanned the pages. He wanted his mind to wander off into the world that the books held. Trying to escape the harshness of reality. But he couldn't pay attention. The conversation he had overheard echoed in his mind and rubbed him the wrong way.

"I just killed one of the seven like you asked me too! It was easy to spot the heinous bastard! But I'm surprised you couldn't kill him yourself!" She spoke to someone on the phone.

That's when he rose up from the sidewalk and his anger exploded. "She said killed one of the seven. Does this mean that someone's targeting us seven? If that's the case, I wonder if she knows anything about this. It would just like her send people after us. Damn her for doing this stupid ass shit! I was enjoying my not so supernatural fucking life!" He closed the book out of frustration as he turned the corner and head for the Princess Bar. When he arrived, he kicked down the already broken door, startling everyone.

"What the hell?" Bartender Ima questioned as he stepped in.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"Upstairs as usual!" Ima replied.

He nodded his head and walked over to the stairs.

"But seriously Ira- you're gonna pay for that door someday!" Ima shouted as he began climbing the stairs. "Yeah yeah." He said, waving his hand about.

When he reached the stop of the stairs he opened the first door that resided in the hallway. "Hey." He barged into the office. Inside the office was a woman with long curly blonde hair who wore a pink fuzzy coat who slammed her hands angrily as she rose up from her office chair.

"Fucking knock, Ira!" She roared. "We need to talk Princess." He told her.

She looked around her office and gave the nod to her men who stood about to get out. When they left she asked, "What is it, Ira?"

"I can't show up here anymore." He said.

"Why not?" Her eyebrow twitched.

"I'm being targeted." He said as he strolled over to the couch and sat down.

"What!? By who?! If it's that damn Marcitie gang-" she slammed her hands down on her desk.

"This has nothing to do with the mafia or any of the rival gangs Princess. This is more of a personal reason."

"Personal?" she hung on the word. He had never spoken about anything being personal before. She bit down on her lip, "We just got done taking over the territory those bastards in Hang stole. You know this right?"

"Yes. Its bad timing, I know. But if I stay here everyone here will be dragged into my mess."

"Your mess...You say that like its something new to me!" she clucked her tongue.

"Trust me it is new. They knew about my powers and how to disable my barrier. But what they didn't anticipate was my strength. Unfortunately these people arent just after me, but the others as well."

"Others?!" she awed, "I wouldn't have guessed that there are other freaks like you in the world!"

"Freaks is seriously an understatement!" He laughed.

"Im sure it is." she smiled, "Anyway just make sure to come back here in one piece. I still need you."

"Yes ma'am." He rose up from the couch, "Oh while Im gone take care of Madeline."

"Ugh! Dumping your shit onto me I see!" she sneered.

"Sorry." he shrugged his shoulders.

Suddenly the door flew open and a girl around the age of eight dashed in. "Mister Ira!" she shouted, running over to him. "Welcome back!" she exclaimed.

"Somewhat," he touched her head, "I have to leave for a little while." "What?" she frowned, slumping over her upper body.

"I'll be back as soon as I can. I'm leaving you in Princess's care. So stay out of trouble." He told her.

"No! I want to go with you!" she clutched her fist and gave him a stern look, "Mister Ira please I'll be good! I-"

"You can't!" he roared, "Now do as you told and stay here!" He marched around her.

"Y-Yes Mister Ira..." Madeline sniffed.

He stormed out of the office, slamming the door shut as he did. He gave out a loud sigh, holding his hands out in front of him, "I saved you with these hands, Madeline, and in less than a second, I can also destroy you. I wouldnt want that." He marched downstairs. "Ima, I'll see you later," he waved at him.

"Uuh huh sure you will." Ima sighed as he left the bar.

His red eyes looked out onto the bare streets of Ash City slums. "Now that that's done, let's go find her." he cracked his knuckles, "And when I do- Im gonna beat the living shit out of her."


Previous                                                                                                                  Next                                                                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Writings of a Panda Author | Blogger Template by Enny Law