Wednesday, May 27, 2015

STH Chapter 3

"Some of us are conspicuous, just because of our appearance. While others hide in the shadows of human beings, attempting to fit in." Aberisa spoke.






His green eyes gaped around the college campus, looking for someone. He leaned his body up against the large oak tree, sliding his cold hands inside the pockets of his coat. 

"Oh my god look at the new cell I bought yesterday!" A woman exclaimed, feet away from him. He glanced around, trying to find her shimmering face. And when he did, he frowned. There a woman with long brown hair stood beside her friend. In her hands was the newest cell that recently came out. 


"I want that." He thought. He took out his cell. Examining it with hatred before glancing over at hers. "Its not fair." He muttered underneath his breath. 

As soon as the woman took a step forward, she tripped! Her cell flew out of her hands and smashed onto the pavement. A wicked smile appeared on his face while the woman broke down in tears. "I saved up so much money for this too!" she wailed. Her friend stood there in shock at what had just happened.

Suddenly, he saw his friend, Mark, approach the woman from behind and pat her on the back. His mouth spoke, "I'm so sorry that just happened to you! Listen, I have a grandfather that can fix it for you." 

He sighed, shaking his head at his friends good actions. "Really?" the sobbing woman awed. "Yes really." Mark confirmed. He reached over and picked the cell up from the floor and placed it in his pocket. "I'll make sure to return this to you. You there." Mark looked at her friend, "Are you close with her?" "Yes." The womans friend replied. 

He rolled his eyes as they exchanged numbers. The woman thanked him graciously before walking away with her friend. "What an idiot." He chuckled as Mark made his way over to him. "Did you see what just happened?! Brand new phone and crash! Shatters everywhere!" Mark smacked his hands together. 

"You know you're an idiot for trying to help people." He laughed.

"Hey, I cant help it! I hate seeing women like her cry after trying so hard!" Mark exclaimed.

"Whatever! Lets go get some lunch already. I'm starving waiting for your slow ass." He walked away from Mark.

"I'm sorry! I'll buy you lunch to make it up. But you'll never guess what happened to me on my way over here!" Mark said.

"You helped an elderly lady cross the street again?" He answered.

"No! This is far outrageous! I ran over this person who was carrying a bunch of lethal weapons on him!" 

"What!?" He gasped.

"Honest to god Vid, I even had to call the police because I assumed he was some terrorist." 

"Geez talk about a frightening situation." vid shook his head.

"It was! Because he suddenly jetted out in front of my car I wasn't charged and there wasn't any damages to my car."

"Ugh, I hate to be in your shoes," Vid said.

"Ahah and why is this?" Mark laughed.

"Because you're always in dangerous situations! It's too bothersome for someone like me." 

"Cold as always huh." Mark continued to laugh as the two passed a bulletin board. Mark stopped when the bright yellow paper caught his attention. 

"What is it?" Vid asked. 

"This guy." Mark pointed at the flyer, "Man who ate 100 pies at Jackson Festival in less than two minutes will be returning this year! Its that one guy who can eat anyone out of their wallets! I heard he's earned so many titles across the country for eating the most in little time. He even stars in this tv show where he goes around tasting peoples foods. Those places immediately becomes a one star or a five star. Nothing in between! Dude became a millionaire just from eating."

"I've never heard of him." Vid shook his head.

"Ahah I'm not surprised. You only pay attention to video games or parties." Mark chuckled.

"And you but you know, you're kinda secondary to video games." Vid admitted.  

"Thanks, sweetheart. I love you too. Anyway, his name is Gull Valentine! He married an who is ten years older than him."

Vid gasped, clinching his hands in his pocket. "Gull...That idiot. Going off, becoming a millionaire, getting married without consent... He's asking for beat down." He thought.  

"Remember the name Vid because we'll go see him when the festival comes," Mark said, glancing over at Vid. "Whats wrong? You don't look so good." Mark asked.

"It's nothing. Let's just hurry up! I'm hungry!" Vid sighed, strolling away from Mark. "Alright! We're going!" Mark dashed over to Vid's side. 



Previous

Next(TBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Writings of a Panda Author | Blogger Template by Enny Law