Thursday, January 14, 2016

Happy New Year!

I know I havent posted anything in a while but happy new year, even though its belated. I've been swamped with both parties and work since the new year started but hey I've got fantastic news! Thy Broken Mind; The White Book, is nearly finished. I just had FastPencil print it out for me to see how it looks because I am blind to the errors I see on the computer so I needed to make sure it was perfect for the agents I will be sending too! I'll even post pictures of my cover and back cover I made.

Anyway, of course with the new year comes new goals! It seems that after a year of complete and utter angsty darkness with heavy topics such as rape, torture, mental illness- my mind has wandered off to the innocent side of life(thank you god) and decided I will be working on a children's novel.

Something a child around the first or second grade would be willing to read, maybe even a third grader. I wanted this novel to be that very first novel to get kids hooked on reading. You remember that time when you picked up your very first book and devoured it because it was so damn good. Then you read another and another and finally you have about 150 book collection by the time you're 13.

I wanted this small childrens novel to be that good. Good part is that it doesn't take me very long to write it, maybe three months if I'm consistent. Bad part- Im a little too frightened it might be extreme and a tad dark. SOOOO Im having a friend read over my draft of the first chapter to see how it goes. If it goes well, then great! Bring on 30 more chapters if it doesnt, I'll have to sit back down and rethink this more carefully.

Other than childrens novel, there is also the other parts of Thy Broken Mind I will be writing and finishing up within the next year(easily. Maybe even two). And that shit goes like this

Thy Broken Soul(Prequal)

Thy Broken Mind(main)

Thy Broken Heart(Sequal)

Thy Broken Doll(Side)


So now I've got a bunch of work to go do and look out for the next chapter of Above The Water, Pumpkin Pau's and I interactive story :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Writings of a Panda Author | Blogger Template by Enny Law