Monday, June 1, 2015

STH Chapter 4



When his stomach growled, it echoed on the private plane. He leaned back in dark blue chairs and sighed heavily. "I'm sorry..." He moaned.



"Don't worry dear." His wife Amelia placed her hand on his, "I know you're hungry! We'll be there shortly. Just hang in there another hour." "Of course! Anything for you! It's just that...I feel like I haven't eaten in days." He began whimpering. In the corner of his eye, he noticed the city below and glanced over at Amelia. "Sweetheart, what city are we passing over right now?"

"Let's see..." She pulled out her cell and checked the GPS of the plane. "Marrow City." She replied to him.

"Marrow?!" He gasped happily. He turned around and pressed his chubby face up against the glass, smiling in bliss.

"I don't think we've been in Marrow before dear. What's there to eat?" She placed her finger in her chin.

"Not what's there to eat- who is there!" He exclaimed.

"Oh? A friend?" she asked.

"No! It's my sister!" He removed his face from the window, "My older sister Lux is there! She was in Marrow city and sent me a postcard of that tall building!"

"Wow! I didn't know you had an older sister!" she awed.

"I do!" He sang, "I have six siblings in total~! We all have different fathers so we look don't appear to be siblings!"

"T-That's incredible so you have the same mother?" she nodded her head.

"Yep! She's so cool," he hummed, "But I haven't seen my family in years."

"Is that so?" she nodded her head sadly. "Is that the reason why he didn't invite anyone from his side of the family to our wedding?" she thought sadly. "Oh! Maybe...Maybe I can meet them one day?" she asked and his smiled died to a frown.

"No." He denied, "You must never meet them! They..." He looked over at her and smiled a painful smile. "Will tear you apart." Is what he wanted to say but couldn't. "They won't approve of you." He lied. "Oh, I see..." She looked down at her feet. She didn't know what else to say.

"I'm so sorry my dear, but you will never meet them. My family is far too dangerous and sinister." He thought to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Writings of a Panda Author | Blogger Template by Enny Law